Saturday 14 October 2017

Syringe Driver Bags for Macmillan Cancer Support




You may have seen Just Jude's call out for help with making syringe driver bags for chemotherapy patients posted at the end of August.  But just in case you missed it, please do go and have a read and see if you might be able to help her with the ongoing need that Macmillan Cancer Support has for these little bags.

As you can see, I made 6 bags to send.  I hadn't planned on six but when I went to pull fabric, just sort of ended up with enough and kept cutting!  The pairs in the same fabrics are one of each size (for a single syringe driver and a double)  and I had to dig deep in my stash to find some fabric suitable to stitch up bags with a more masculine vibe.

If you have an hour to spare, please, please consider helping folks who are undergoing chemo by sending a bag or two to Judith.  This is an ongoing appeal so you have tons of time.  All of the details and a great tutorial are on Judith's blog post here.

You might also like to read how appreciated your efforts would be if you could spare a little sewing time to help out.  Macmillan have written a little thank you via Judith's blog for the lovely bags already received.


1 comment:

  1. These look great and are something I keep meaning to do. Time management needed and memory jogging I think

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...